One of the most important aspects of internet marketing (or any marketing) is your rate of conversion. This can be a little confusing for people just starting. Because a lot of people say that all you have to do, is take in all the traffic that you can and you will be successful. But, think about it for a second- Does traffic matter if that traffic doesn’t result in any money-making actions? This is all about conversion rate.
“Your conversion rate is the percentage of people that visit your site that ends up taking the action you want them to take. This action can be anything- from clicking on an ad to buying your products, to signing up for your mailing list. You must get your conversion rate as high as you possibly can, to get the most out of the traffic that you send to your website.”
There are plenty of ways to boost conversion, but the powerful way is, to increase the load time of the website. Check out what various updates say about it.
- Almost 50 % of the visitors do not wait more than 3 seconds to load a website, and why would they wait? When there are lots of other options waiting outside.
- 99% of users bounce-back from the sites if it takes more than 10 seconds to load.
- The average page load time on mobiles is a maximum of 11 seconds.
Tips to decrease the load time
- Start with analysing the points, on which your site is losing its speed.
- One of the most important factors in loading time relates to the number and size of images you have on your website.
- Avoiding the use of flash components to help your pages load more quickly. Flash makes web pages colourful and attractive, but unfortunately, it will cause the pages of your site to take longer to load.
- Page size should be less than 100K for optimal use, and remember, less is better.
- Redirects are separate requests to the server it increases the load time. So, it’s good to minimize the use of redirects.
- Keep load time to a minimum, ensure your graphics are optimised.
It sounds overly-simplistic, but how many times have you navigated away from a website that took too long to load its pages? With the advent of high-speed internet, there’s no reason people would wait too long to load a website.
You can contact the experts as a Website development service if you are looking for a High-speed website with a high conversion rate.