Even if you are not a developer or know how SEO works, you eventually find yourself Staring at source code, no matter if you are working on your website’s SEO or checking out the competitors’ website. No matter how many SEO tools you are using, at some point, you will find yourself checking the code.
Command “Ctrl+U” while you are on a particular webpage. And what you are viewing now on the screen is called “Web Source Code”. This is what a web crawler gets to see when they overview a website. It’s no longer a hidden fact that Web Source Code optimization works best when you want to nip the SEO problems in the bud. According to many web developers and SEO experts, it’s beneficial if you start SEO friendly coding right from the beginning.
What you would find in source code
After analyzing the source code, you will find a lot about the codes that impact the process of SEO, Check out the list:
Title tag- It is the utmost important tag of your webpage. This is what Google and your searcher see the very first time, and get an idea of the whole website. The title tag should be optimized well with catchy keywords.
Meta description- It is a small summary of 150 characters that shows the whole project idea of your website. It should be filled with key benefits or features of your product with limited keywords. So the searchers are impressed enough to click on it.
H1 heading tag- H1 heading tag is the main heading of your webpage. These are those pillars of your website content which provide attention to the rest of the content. There should be only one H1 tag per page, which followed by H2, H3… so on if needed.
Internal links and anchor texts- it increases the value of your webpage with the help of extra information. Source code helps you to check the particular link and the text which is anchored, so you can ignore the errors.
Image alt tags- These tags represent your website images and explain robots what your site image is featuring. Image alt tags simply enhance the quality of your website content in the eye of search engine bots.
Canonical tag- Various pages of the same website can have similar content because of the same purpose. In that case, colonial tags can save your pages from the mark of copied content. It helps Google to choose the preferable page of your website.
How to make your source code SEO friendly
- Code of indexing- eCommerce site’s with numerous web pages, make it out of the crawling budget to crawl them in fixed time spam. Web source code provides a medium to you with the help of Robot.txt and no-index meta tag you can block those files, with whom you don’t want to crawl.
- Handle the links of the web- links (both internal and external) are the crucial part of web pages. They are vital from the SEO perspective, as they provide richness to content. While one side you can manage the follow or no-follow links and another side the broken or dead links too. It will help bots to jump into the right information.
- Manage the site map- Source codes help you to keep your sites maps (HTML and XML) fresh and updated. And ultimately these maps guide bots to crawl your site pages properly.
- Improve the crawl budget- You can make it possible for google to rank quality pages only while indexing the maximum number of pages. Check out the ways to do so:
- Remove the duplicate pages
- use disallow rules of Robots.txt file
- Fix broken links
- Keep both of the site maps up to date
- Manage the metadata- Meta title, Meta description, Meta tags all are the part of the metadata. It is important to prepare snippets (the extra details of website data on the ranking page). These snippets increase your chances to choose from other SERPs results.
- Oversee the duplicate content issue- you can oversee the duplicate content issue through the “rel=canonical” tag, which is present in the site code section of heading.
- Optimize code- Thanks to web source code you can optimize code and bots can crawl quickly as the site has previously optimized, only quality indexing takes place.
The Source code is a crucial part of your website. And to perform all these code things nicely, you need expert help. That’s why we are here, to help you out and raise your website performance.